Top 3 Micro SD Cards For Dash Cams
- 1 Top 3 Micro SD Cards For Dash Cams
If you have one or are looking for a dash camera, it is possible you are wondering how much video or footage from the dash camera you can save to the memory card in the camera.
You ought to take into consideration the fact that most cameras will employ a loop recording facility whereby when the memory runs out, it overwrites the oldest recordings, thus able to record continuously. However, if you are not a fan of deleting old footage, or if you wish to keep footage for longer you will need to opt for the larger memory options. Just be sure to check your dashboard camera actually supports the larger card sizes. While there are many different types of memory card, nearly all dashcams will accept or require MicroSD cards. At just 15mm by 11mm, these compact cards can offer many gigabytes of recording space to fit into a tiny little chip. However, while typical dashcams will support 8GB, 16GB and 32GB cards, with some newer cameras even accepting 64GB cards, the best for your buck would be 32GB, will normally be enough to get you through even closer intercontinental journeys such as London to Seville or Chamonix.
Without further ado, here are 3 of the best, Micro SD cards on the market, to ensure your journey is captured from start to finish:
SanDisk Ultra 32 GB Imaging microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card Review – Our Number 1
This is one of the lowest price class 10 SDXC cards and includes a full-size adapter to make it into an SD card size if you want to, for use in devices that use full SD cards or for transferring data to, for example, a laptop or a PC. Here’s a rundown of the Sandisk Ultras top features:
- This product comes with an SD Adapter up to 80 Mbps with UHS-I Ratings
- This product features high definition footage capacity at up to 1080p takes better pictures and Full HD video
- Your choice for compact to mid-range point and shoot cameras
- Plenty of room for your photos and videos
- Transfer files quickly with ease
- tested this device with Garmin Dash Cam sat nav, GoPro Hero 5 and a Samsung s5 and works great
Good quality micro SD card which uses it for a camera a phone or of course a Dashboard Camera as it is sample is lightweight and compact size means you won’t even notice it. It is ultra fast and can record hours of long distance driving, the Sandisk Micro SD is a fantastic product that can suit one device or be used in a whole range of devices. Its design and especially included adapter mean it is a very versatile storage gadget. Overall, this is a very worthy product for any regular driver.
Features: 32gb Of Storage – Sd Adapter Included – Up To 80 Mbps
Pricing: Mid Range
Kingston 32 Gb Uhs Class 1/Class10 Microsdhc Uhs-i Flash Memory Card Review – Number 2
The Kingston 32GB proves to be a really cost efficient and good quality Micro SD Card. Considering its awesome price, and comparing it to the price of some 16GB and even 8GB card, you are basically getting extra storage completely for free! The Class10 microSDHC has a few other significant features, here are a few:
- This product features an Included microSDHC to SD Adapter for versatile usage with almost any smart device.
- Ideal for cinema-quality HD video (1080p) and photos of subjects in motio
- UHS Class 1/Class10 microSDHC UHS-I Flash Memory Card for top quality speed.
- Durable – waterproof for watersports, rain and damp conditions
- temperature proof for use in hot countries or long hours in the sun
- shock/vibration proof for surviving crashes and keeping vital evidence secure and safe.
- X-ray proof
- Includes a Manufacturer’s lifetime warranty for long use.
This Kingston 32 GB Micro SD is a seriously good product for its bargain price. Not only are they completely durable, but they are also UHS spec which stands for Ultra High Speed meaning they are some of the fastest mobile memory cards on the market so you can guarantee to have high resolution in an instant. At this affordable price range, it doesn’t really get better than that!
Features: Ideal For Up To 1080pp Hd – Waterproof – Lifetime Warranty
Digi-Chip 32GB Micro-SD Memory Card for Nextbase Dash Cams Review – Number 3
This High-speed Digi-Chip Micro SD card is specifically designed to work efficiently and with lightning speed in Nextbase Dash cams. The memory card made using the highest quality Samsung memory chips so it will last for long, high-quality hours of driving. Let’s take a look at some of its other features:
- High-Speed Micro-SD Memory Card Class 10 UHS-1
- Compatible with ALL NEXTBASE DASH CAMS
- Ideal high-speed memory card for Nextbase Cameras
- Full Sized SDHC adaptor included
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made using the highest quality Samsung memory chips for top quality inside and out.
The Digi-Chip 32GB Micro-SD Memory Card is a durable, lightweight and high-speed product. It has an excellent UHS Ultra High-Speed Spec and It’s an essential top quality addition to a NextBase Dashcam. Along with the SDHC adapter, it can be used for storing a great amount of footage and transferring to a range of devices.
Features: Lifetime Warranty – Compatible With All Nextbase Dash Cams – Sdhc Adapter Included
Pricing: High End
The top spot on this list undoubtedly goes to the SanDisk Ultra 32 GB Imaging microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card and it certainly doesn’t disappoint. With its high definition capacity, top speed class and durable, compact design, it is an essential for any DashCam owner wanting to capture unspoilt long hours of film on the road.
Dash cam SD Cards ‘can be rated as Class 2 (minimum write speed of 2MB/s), Class 4 (4MB/s), Class 6 (6MB/s) or Class 10 (10MB/s+)’. So with it’s Class 10 (at 80MbPs) the Sandisk on our list is at a proven high-speed class!)
In a world of fake or unbranded SD cards, SanDisk, a prominent maker of SD cards, sticks out as a reliable, efficient and trustworthy brand.